A MEAL WITH MASTERCHEF SOUTH AFRICA SHAWN GODFREY
Shawn has put together some of his favourite dishes just for us, using the Masterchef Elite collection of cookware and stoneware.
Roasted Parma Ham, creamy spinach and pine nut gnocci
- 500g pack gnocchi
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 100ml double cream
- freshly grated nutmeg
- 100g Parma Ham
- 100g spinach
- zest ½ lemon
- 25g parmesan, grated, plus extra for serving
- 25g toasted pine nut
- Cook the gnocchi following pack instructions, then drain.
- Heat 1 tsp of the oil in a small pan and fry the garlic, then add the cream and a good grating of nutmeg. Put to one side.
- Place the Parma ham onto a silicon mat or non-stick baking paper and bake for 9-12 minutes at 200degrees. Do not leave the oven as the Parma ham can burn quickly.
- Add 2 Tbsp of olive to a non-stick pan and then add the gnocchi and fry until it starts to turn golden, adding a little more oil if it begins to stick. Stir in the spinach, lemon zest and seasoning.
- Stir the Parmesan into the cream sauce. Spoon the gnocchi onto plates, drizzle over the sauce and scatter with pine nuts. Serve with extra Parmesan and shards of crispy Parma ham.
Pistachio and Mint whipped feta with Zaatar spice, chili oil and roasted asparagus.
- 1 Cup Pistachios
- 1 Pack of fresh mint leaves
- 1 whole lemon juiced for the whipped feta
- 1 whole lemon zest
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 400g feta cheese.
- 2/3rds cup of Greek yoghurt
- 120g asparagus
- 1 whole lemon juiced for the asparagus
- 1 disk of feta crumbled.
- In the bowl of a food processor, blend the shelled pistachios until a smooth nut butter forms.
- Add the feta, mint, yogurt, lemon juice, and lemon zest and blend to combine.
- While the food processor is running, add the olive oil in a thin and steady stream through the hole in the processor’s lid. Continue blending until light and silky smooth in texture.
- In a frying pan, heat up until just before smoking point and then add your asparagus char grilling seasoning while cooking. Take off the heat and then add the lemon juice.
- Place the whipped feta into a serving plate, add the asparagus and crumbled feta.
Baked goats cheese camembert with apple, thyme and toasted pecan nuts
- 250g Goats cheese camembert (If not available a normal cows milk version will do)
- 2 Granny Smith apples, cored, peeled and quartered.
- 1 pack of thyme
- 200g toasted pecan nuts.
- 5 Tbsp Honey
- Place your camembert into a oven proof dish and using a sharp knife create a cross hatch pattern into the skin.
- Place the apple pieces around and then the thyme generously over the apple and camembert cheese.
- Add the toasted nuts and pour over the honey.
Bake for 10-15 minutes at 200 degrees or until soft