- 900g Granny Smith Apples, peeled, cored and cut into 2cm diced
- 90g Castor Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- Vanilla Ice-Cream or Double Thick Cream, to serve
- 225g Plain (All-Purpose) flour
- 150g Castor Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 90g Rolled Oats
- 225g Butter, Melted
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place the apple, sugar, lemon juice and cinnamon in a large bowl and mix to combine. Transfer to a 1.5-litre-capacity ovenproof dish.
- To make the crumble topping, place the flour, sugar, cinnamon, oats and butter in a large bowl and mix until just combined.
- Spoon the crumble mixture over the apple and place the dish on a large baking tray.
- Bake for 40–45 minutes, or until the crumble is golden and the apples are soft. Serve with vanilla ice-cream or double thick cream. Serves 6.
CHEF’S TIP: If you’re sensitive to gluten, make sure your oats are certified gluten-free and change the flour to oat flour. You can also make oat flour by blitzing oats in a high-speed blender.
Kimberley Wood is a qualified chef and established food stylist specialising in videography, stills and recipe development. @kimberly_wood_food_stylist