AURA COLLECTION OF SCENTS
All our senses give us a window on to the world, but the sense of smell is different. Looking at old photographs can be effective at evoking flashbacks, just as hearing a long forgotten song on the radio can. However, smells have a uniquely powerful way of piercing straight to the core – the place we keep our recollections – an arrow shot straight to the centre of memory lane. Most people have smell ‘triggers’ – aromas which, as soon as they hit the nostrils, bring a particular remembrance flooding back and these are very much particular to the individual.
Scents can have a dramatic effect on our sense of well-being – and have been shown to have positive effects on stress, sleep, self-confidence, and even on physical and mental performance. Once we recognise these beneficial effects of fragrances it makes sense to make use of this in our everyday lives. Choosing the right scent, at the right time, to positively affect mental states, is something more and more people are doing these days.
A list of fragrances which effect the emotions
- Stress & sleep problems: Chamomile, Cinnamon, Frankincense, Lavender, Nutmeg, Orange, Rose, Sandalwood, Valerian, Vanilla, Violet,
- Boost energy & combat tiredness: Camphor, Cardamom, Cinnamon, Cypress, Eucalyptus, Fennel, Peppermint, Pine, Sage.
- Improve memory: Jasmine, Lavender, Rosemary.
- Lift the mood: Bergamot, Jasmine, Grapefruit, Lavender, Neroli, Orange, Rose Geranium, Sandalwood, Tangerine, Ylang-ylang.
- Increase confidence: Jasmine, Frankincense, Sandalwood
- Promote calmness: Bergamot, Cedarwood, Cypress, Frankincense, Lavender, Marjoram, Orange, Peach, Rose.
Stand a chance to win one of five Aura hampers enter here