BERRY MOUSSE TART
- 300g tennis biscuits
- 150 melted butter
- 225g blueberries and blackberries
- 225g cream cheese
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp gelatine powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees.
- Blend the tennis biscuits in a food processor until finely ground, place into a bowl and add melted butter. Mix the crumbs and butter together until evenly moistened.
- Press the mixture evenly into a well greased spring form tart pan. Bake for 10-15 minutes, then remove from the oven and cool completely. This step helps to form a good base for the tart.
- Add the berries to a food processor and blend until smooth, add the cream cheese, sugar, gelatine powder and vanilla essence and blend until combined.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the whipping cream until stiff peaks are formed then gently fold in to the berry mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tart crust and refrigerate over night or until set.
- Gently remove the tart from the pan and garnish with berries of your choice.
Recipe and styling by Lisa Clark, Food Stylist & Chef
Lisa Clark is an established Cape Town food stylist with a background as a chef and product developer. This experience, along with her passion for design and form has led her to work with some of South Africa’s best photographers and companies.