CHEESY GREEN SOUFFLÉ OMELETTE
- 3 eggs separated
- 100ml sparkling water
- 25g baby spinach chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp chopped dill
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- 50g grated mozzarella
- 50g grated cheddar
- 25g grated parmesan
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tbsp butter
- Separate the eggs, whisk the egg yolks in a small bowl and in a large bowl add sparkling water to the egg whites and whisk until soft peaks are formed.
- Carefully fold in the egg yolks along with the chopped spinach, parsley, dill, chives and cheeses (reserve some mozzarella and cheddar to grill) and season with salt and pepper.
- Turn your grill on to medium heat. Heat a small non-stick frying pan on a low to medium heat and add 1 tablespoon of butter. Carefully pour the egg mixture into the pan and give it a little shake to spread it to the edges. Allow this to cook for 1 minute then sprinkle the remaining cheese on top and place the frying pan under the grill. Let it grill for 1 – 2 minutes until the cheese has melted and is golden. Remove the pan from the oven and allow it to sit for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with grated parmesan and chopped herbs, serve immediately.
Recipe and styling by Lisa Clark, Food Stylist & Chef
Lisa Clark is an established Cape Town food stylist with a background as a chef and product developer. This experience, along with her passion for design and form has led her to work with some of South Africa’s best photographers and companies.