¼ cup pomegranate juice
2 tbsp white wine vinegar
2 tbsp honey
¼ cup olive oil
Salt to taste
½ cup pomegranate seeds
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup water
¼ tsp salt
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
2 cups roasted walnuts
250g button mushrooms, sliced
4 large portobello mushrooms, sliced
4 small red beets, peeled and quartered
4 small golden beets, peeled and quartered
Olive oil for roasting
Salt to season
1 bag of mixed salad leaves
1 bag of rocket
3 radishes, peeled and thinly sliced
1 wedge blue cheese, crumbled
Black pepper to taste
- Mix all the ingredients together, season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Line a baking tray with foil.
- Combine the brown sugar, water, salt, and cayenne pepper in a large sauté pan over high heat. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and let the mixture cook for a 5 minutes, until slightly reduced.
- Add the walnuts and stir to fully coat. Spread the walnuts out onto the baking tray and allow to cool
- Once cooled break into small bite sized chunks
- Preheat the oven to 180° Toss the beets with a light drizzle of olive oil and roast of 35 minutes or until cooked. Set aside and cool.
- Pan fry the mushrooms in a little olive oil until golden, set aside to cool.
- Combine the lettuce, rocket and radishes in a large bowl. Add all of the cooled, roasted vegetables and toss the salad with the vinaigrette. Season with salt and pepper.
- Plate the salad on a large platter and garnish with the candied walnuts and crumbled blue cheese.
- Season with cracked pepper and serve.
Kimberley Wood is a qualified chef and established food stylist specialising in videography, stills and recipe development. @kimberly_wood_food_stylist