FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE TORTE IN THE INSTANT POT DUO PLUS
Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 70 mins
Special equipment: 18cm springform cake tin
- 150g butter, cut into cubes
- 160g dark chocolate, roughly chopped (±70%)
- 2 Tbsp high quality dark cocoa powder, plus more for garnish
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 100g white sugar
- 100g light brown sugar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract or paste
- 4 XL eggs, at room temperature
- Pour 1 cup / 250ml water into the inner pot and insert the trivet.
- Line an 18cm or 20cm springform tin with baking paper and grease with non-stick spray.
- Combine the butter, dark chocolate, and cocoa powder in a heat-proof bowl over a pot of simmering water and stir until melted.
- Add the salt and both sugars to the warm chocolate and whisk to combine.
- Crack the eggs into a small bowl for ease and then gently whisk the eggs into the mixture one at a time. Add the vanilla and mix slowly. You do not want to create air bubbles.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared tin.
- Cover the tin tightly with a sheet of tinfoil. Make a little foil sling with folded tinfoil to easily lower the cake onto the trivet. Fold the tinfoil handles down over the tin.
- Secure the lid. Remember with the Duo Plus the lid seals automatically. Select Pressure Cook and set the cooking time for 60 minutes on High. (If using a different Instant Pot remember to seal the vent)
- After the 60 min pressure cook, let the steam naturally release for 10 minutes and then quick release the remaining pressure.
- Open the pot and lift out the torte using the foil sling.
- Remove the tinfoil, being very careful not to pour any of the condensation on the torte.
- Let the torte cool slightly and then run a paring knife around the sides of the tin and release the springform. Leave the torte on the base and then place in the fridge for a few hours.
- Once the torte is completely cool it is easy to invert it onto a plate and remove the bottom of the baking tin and the baking paper.
- Invert again onto a serving platter / cake stand.
- Dust with a generous amount of cocoa powder and serve with crème fraîche and berries.