WINTER WARMING CORNBREAD
This is a great side when you’re having a family braai over the weekend.
- 410 g Creamed corn
- 1 Teaspoon baking powder
- 2 Eggs
- 5 ml Salt
- 60 g Butter, melted
- 60 ml Warm water
- 350 g Self-rising flour
- Add all the wet ingredients together in large mixing bowl and whisk well.
- Sieve in all your dry ingredients.
- Mix well and place in a large bread tin. Leave to rise for 30 minutes.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, depending on your oven, at 180 °C.
- Check if it is ready with a skewer stick. If it comes out clean, it’s ready.
Chef Juan Neethling is the Executive Chef at Southern Sun Waterfront in Cape Town’s bustling foreshore. In 2018 he was awarded the Unilever Food Solutions Senior Chef of the year. From trainee chef at the Lord Charles Hotel in Somerset West to over 20 years working in various hotels, fine dining restaurants and wine farms, Juan combines his love for cooking at home with his 5-star expertise in creating easy and accessible recipes anyone can try.