- 250 g self-rising flour
- 250 g Greek yoghurt
- Salt & black pepper
- Chili flakes to taste
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 80 g butter
- 2 garlic cloves
- 6 large sprints of Italian parsley
- Mix flour, yogurt, seasoning and baking powder until it forms a dough. Roll in a ball and place in a bowl. Rub with olive oil. Cover and leave in a warm place to rise.
- Melt butter, chopped ginger, salt, pepper and chopped parsley together, and set aside.
- Once the dough has risen, divide it into two equal pieces and roll out flat.
- Grill on griddle pan, making sure it is golden brown in colour
- Once cooked, brush with the garlic butter and chopped parsley you made earlier
- Perfect with curries, a side for any meal or make it thicker and use it to make an open sandwich
This recipe can also be used to make a braai ‘broodjie’ using the traditional fillings
Chef Juan Neethling is the Executive Chef at Southern Sun Waterfront in Cape Town’s bustling foreshore. In 2018 he was awarded the Unilever Food Solutions Senior Chef of the year. From trainee chef at the Lord Charles Hotel in Somerset West to over 20 years working in various hotels, fine dining restaurants and wine farms, Juan combines his love for cooking at home with his 5-star expertise in creating easy and accessible recipes anyone can try.