- 1.5L good quality store bought custard
- 1/2 cup limoncello
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- 250g mascarpone, softened at room temprature
- 300ml cream, whipped + 200ml for garnish
- 600g sponge finger biscuits
- ¾ cup Limoncello
- 1 1/2 cups lemon juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 3/4 cups caster sugar
- Mix Limoncello, lemon zest and custard together. Add mascarpone and whisk until smooth. Add whipped cream and fold in until just combined.
- To make syrup, mix the limoncello, lemon juice, water and the sugar in a medium size saucepan. Stir over a medium-high heat until the sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil and boil for 7 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Reserve 5 of the sponge fingers for garnish. Divide remaining sponge fingers into 3. Dip one-third, 2 at a time, in syrup and cover the base of a 5-litre glass trifle bowl with 2 layers of sponge fingers. Cover with one-third of the custard. Repeat the layering. Cover bowl with plastic
- wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Spoon whipped cream on top of trifle. Sprinkle with extra zest and garnish with edible flowers.
Kimberley Wood is a qualified chef and established food stylist specialising in videography, stills and recipe development. @kimberly_wood_food_stylist