Matcha tea is fast becoming one of the most popular superfoods and for good reason. It is an easy and simple way to add powerful healthy benefits to your everyday. One of the biggest benefits of matcha is its mega dose of antioxidants.
Some other benefits of your daily Matcha are:
- Fights free radicals and slows down the signs of ageing
- Creates a calm, alert state of mind and relaxes the body
- Delivers a slower, more consistent release of caffeine to get you through the day
- Enhances mood and aids in concentration
- Boosts metabolism and burns calories
- Prevents disease
- Lowers cholesterol and blood sugar
- Detoxifies effectively and naturally
MAKE YOUR MATCHA THE TRADITIONAL WAY
Matcha is traditionally made with a special tea whisk. Scoop 1 teaspoon of matcha tea powder into a small, deep bowl. Pour a cup of hot water into the bowl and whisk quickly in a zig zag formation until small bubbles start to form. Whisk until all clumps are broken and your tea has a thin layer of foam on top, roughly 1 minute.
Tip: Switch your whisk for an electric frother
If you don’t have a traditional tea whisk you can use your electric milk frother to whisk and create your layer of foam. This method is a lot quicker.
ENJOY A MODERN MATCHA LATTE
If a traditional matcha tea is a bit hardcore for you, you can enjoy the same benefits of this superfood, made in to a more palateable latte.
Put one teaspoon Matcha powder or matcha mix into a cup, add 30 ml of hot water and mix well. Top up with freshly steamed milk or dairy alternative.
You can also use a blender to blend your matcha powder and heated milk or dairy alternative. It’s that simple!
Red Espresso makes a great Matcha Latte mix, now available from @home.