PASTRY WRAPPED PARCELS
- 1 bunch asparagus (ends trimmed)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 8 slices of prosciutto
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 16 slices of brie
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees and line a baking tray with baking paper (spray and cook to avoid sticking).
- Toss the asparagus in olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Roll the puff pasty out on to a floured surface and cut into 8 squares.
- Place 1 slice of prosciutto, 2 pieces of brie and some asparagus on each square. Take 2 corners of the pastry and wrap up and over the asparagus to enclose. Place on the baking tray and brush each pastry with egg, bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, melt together the honey, butter, thyme and salt in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Serve immediately, drizzled with thyme honey.
Recipe and styling by Lisa Clark, Food Stylist & Chef
Lisa Clark is an established Cape Town food stylist with a background as a chef and product developer. This experience, along with her passion for design and form has led her to work with some of South Africa’s best photographers and companies.