POACHED EGGS WITH HOLLANDAISE SAUCE
- 3 large Egg yolks, at room temperature.
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed Lemon Juice
- Pinch of Salt and Pepper
- Pinch of Cayenne Pepper
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- Place the egg yolks, lemon juice, salt, black peper and cayenne pepper in the jar of a blender and process on low for 10 seconds.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan until it’s melted, hot and foamy.
- Remove the small clear insert in the top of the blender lid. With the blender on low, slowly add the hot butter to the egg mixture and blend for 30 seconds, until the sauce is very thick. Adjust seasoning and serve immediately
CHEF’S TIP: If you are not going to use the Hollandaise sauce immediately, set the blender jar in lukewarm water.
- Crack your egg into a bowl or onto a saucer.
- Bring a pan of water filled at least 5cm deep to a simmer. Don’t add any salt as this will break up the egg white.
- Tip the egg into the pan. The yolk should follow the white.
- Cook for 2 minutes then turn off the heat and leave the pan for 8-10 minutes.
- Lift the egg out with a slotted spoon and drain it on kitchen paper.
Kimberley Wood is a qualified chef and established food stylist specialising in videography, stills and recipe development. @kimberly_wood_food_stylist