ROASTED CHICKEN TACOS WITH GUACAMOLE & TOMATO CHILLI SALSA
- 12 – 15 cm soft shell Tacos store bought, best quality
- Diced pineapple
- 1 roasted chicken store bought, nice & juice
- 2 ripe plum tomato
- Small red onion
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 spring onions
- Salt & course black pepper
- 1 small green chilli
- 2 Table spoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 table spoons olive oil
- Fresh coriander
- 2 Limes
- For the Guacamole – smash the avocado pulp in a bowl with lime juice, chopped red onion, tomato concassed, chopped coriander and chopped chilli. Season to taste
- Take all the meat from the bone with your hands & break into smaller bite size pieces, chunky is good, add all the juice back
- Chop the tomato, red onion and chilli. Add vinegar and seasoning to taste
- To assemble –
- Toast taco in hot pan with a little olive oil until golden each side
- Add roast chicken, then the diced pineapple dice and a spoon of Guacamole
- Lastly the salsa and garnish with a lime wedge & corianders sprigs
- Great party and outdoor food with tons of flavour, very informal and lots of fun!
Can make your own Tacos by using Masa Harina Flour and lukewarm water. The flower can be purchased at speciality Supermarkets and will be worth it.
Chef Juan Neethling is the Executive Chef at Southern Sun Waterfront in Cape Town’s bustling foreshore. In 2018 he was awarded the Unilever Food Solutions Senior Chef of the year. From trainee chef at the Lord Charles Hotel in Somerset West to over 20 years working in various hotels, fine dining restaurants and wine farms, Juan combines his love for cooking at home with his 5-star expertise in creating easy and accessible recipes anyone can try.