ROASTED GOLDEN BEET, BUTTERNUT & CHICKPEA SALAD
- 500g Butternut peeled and cubed (2cm)
- 500g Carrots peeled and chopped
- 4-5 golden beets, peeled and cut into quarters
- 2 tbsp olive oil (for roasting)
- 1/4 tsp salt (for roasting)
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1 can of chickpeas drained
- 1 bunch Italian parsley leaves, coarsely chopped keeping some for garnish
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Black pepper (to taste)
- Pre-heat oven to 200ºC. Toss sliced butternut, carrots, beets, and onion with 2 tbsp olive oil and salt to taste.
- Spread in a single layer in baking trays and roast until tender and beginning to brown +- 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make the dressing mix lemon juice, mustard, garlic, and 1/4 cup olive oil in a small jar and shake until combined.
- In a medium bowl, combine the vegetables, chickpeas, and parsley. Pour vinaigrette over the salad mixture and toss to combine. You can use as much or as little of the dressing as you like.
- Season to taste. Serve at room temprature.
Kimberley Wood is a qualified chef and established food stylist specialising in videography, stills and recipe development. @kimberly_wood_food_stylist