- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Malden salt
- Black pepper
- 4 salmon fillets (+- 125g per portion)
- Preheat a large frying pan over medium heat, add olive oil and heat until shimmering.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper, reduce heat to medium-low, then add the salmon fillets, skin side down. Using the back of a spatula press firmly for 10 seconds to prevent the skin from shrinking.
- Cook Salmon for about 4 minutes then carefully flip the fillets and reduce the heat. Continue cooking until done to your liking, 4 to 5 minutes more.
- Transfer to individual plates and serve with lemon slices, wilted baby spinach and steamed Pak Choi.
CHEF’S TIP: Carefully drying the salmon helps ensure that the skin does not stick, as does preheating the pan before adding the fish.
Kimberley Wood is a qualified chef and established food stylist specialising in videography, stills and recipe development. @kimberly_wood_food_stylist