When it comes to detoxing after a few festive weeks (or months), the best advice we can give you is to go back to basics. Get plenty of sleep, drink lots of water, and fill your plate with fresh, wholesome food at every chance you get.
Get into a routine where exercise, sunshine and time with your phone off become part of your day. Plan ahead when it comes to grocery shopping, so that you can stock your fridge with healthy treats and practical ingredients for meals. Meal plans are a great way to stick to a budget!
Well thought out shopping lists make sure you’re best prepared for summer – from juicers to water bottles to ensure you stay hydrated throughout the day. Here are our top five products to kick start the ultimate January detox:
- Vintage copper tea infuser – cut back on caffeine and enjoy an array of herbal teas. Red Espresso is also a great option, especially when served with a dash of milk and drizzle of honey.
- DNA Cold Press whole juicer – not only does this nifty gold-finish juicer take up less counter space than most juicers, but the cold press technology method extracts the maximum number of nutrients, vitamins and flavour from the minimum amount of fruits and vegetables. Use plenty of leafy greens, carrots, lemons and ginger.
- Nutribullet Pro – with 50% more power, this household favourite is a must for any detox. Use it to make smoothies, nut butter, soups and so much more. Try this post-workout smoothie recipe by Brigitte Willers, health and fitness blogger at the Jog Blog.
- Duo water bottle – drinking plenty of water is key if you want a glowing complexion and a headache-free summer. This bottle comes with a little snack compartment, which is ideal for a handful of nuts or another healthy treat to keep you going until your next meal.
- Millefiori candle – after a busy day, there is nothing better than taking the time to unwind in a bubble bath, surrounded by scented candles. Millefiori combines style with fresh, clean bouquets and exotic perfumes to create ultimate sense of luxury when you need it most.
No matter the kind of holiday you’ve had, it’s good to start the year on a clean, fresh and healthy slate. Happy new year and all the best for 2017!