THE ULTIMATE WEDDING GIFT REGISTRY CHECKLIST
The first couple of weeks after you have said Yes are just bliss, as you soak up every minute of romance and excitement… however slowly but surely the day creeps up when you’ll need to send a save the date, start choosing floral arrangements and tackle seating charts. Although it may seem like you have plenty of time to plan the special day, we thought we could help you get started on your wedding gift registry.
– Set up the gift registry – this may seem like an obvious one, but it’s a step that can easily be missed. Signup and register for an online account or visit your nearest @home store to get started. When you complete the online form you will need to select your wedding date, leave a message for your friends and include an address of where you would like your gifts delivered.
– Bedroom & bathroom basics – if this hasn’t been covered yet it’s an essential. If you are moving into a new home together for the first time make sure you have the bedroom covered. Start off with a quality duvet cover – one which you have always had your eye on but could never afford; and don’t forget a duvet inner as well as comfy pillows. Next up is the bathroom, make sure to add soft and absorbent cotton towels and bathmats to the registry.
– Living room pieces – moving into a larger space often means you have a designated living room area, in other words an even bigger space to decorate! If you already own a comfortable couch give it a new look with bright scatter cushions, and create a cosy yet stylish ambience with a new carpet.
– Kitchen essentials – where to begin! This section covers everything from kitchen towels and cutting knives to blenders and pots. Building a home together is likely to involve spending plenty of time in the kitchen with your loved one. Make sure you have a quality frying pan added to the registry as well as a roasting dish. A must on any list is a hand held electric mixer to create cakes and delicious sauces.
– Dining and entertaining – this is probably the most exciting thing about moving in together – hosting dinner parties with friends. You’ll need proper red wine glasses, white wine glasses and champagne flutes. For the dinner table you will need serveware, salad bowls and cheese boards. Finish off the look with an elegant tablecloth.
– Dream list – these items are for the dreamers – pieces you don’t need right now but can just imagine looking incredible in your home. From luxurious brands like Chilewich, to creating a retro kitchen with SMEG small appliances to a KitchenAid… go wild, you’ll never get a chance to ask for such elaborate quality pieces again.
Now that you have the checklist sorted, all you need to do is get clicking on items you want in your home one day and count down the days until you can enjoy using them!