TOP 5 GIFT IDEAS FOR NEWLYWEDS
Whether you’re part of the wedding party, or a plus-one, buying the perfect wedding gift can be challenging at the best of times. No one wants to be the person buying the can opener or cheese grater, yet you also don’t want to buy something that they will never use. How do you strike the perfect balance?
Before we share our top five gift ideas, it is important to understand the principles behind each one – these are the ingredients of our recipe for the perfect wedding gift:
Quality and longevity. Whatever you choose, make sure it is of excellent quality and preferably includes a two to three-year warranty. Definitely opt for quality over quantity here. You want to gift them with something that will last five to 10 years at least.
Classic and timeless. In a similar vein, ask yourself whether the gift is classic enough that the couple will still love it in 10 years’ time. Is it timeless enough that they will be able to use it even when they move to a different home or revamp their interior?
Luxury and comfort. Whatever the gift, ensure that it represents ultimate luxury and comfort. Your friends will feel spoilt and loved – and it will also go a long way in extending that ‘honeymoon’ feeling.
Here are our five best wedding gift ideas:
- Bath Towels. Combine practical and luxury with thick, ultra-soft bath towels. We particularly love the ‘Mr Right and Mrs Always Right’ gift set. Opt for a neutral colour and the bigger the better.
- Luxury linen. It’s only apt for newlyweds to enjoy the luxury of sleeping under the finest linen. Our premium, soft and silky 800 thread count Egyptian cotton duvet cover and 400 thread count Egyptian cotton sheets, will turn their ordinary bed into a five star bed.
- Cutlery. Add pomp to their dining experience with
a stylish cutlery set that will be treasured forever. We
love the intricately crafted 16 piece Carrol Boyes Slice set.
- Wine glasses. If your friends are wine connoisseurs, why not spoil them with a set of fine crystal wine glasses? These exquisitely crafted glasses are sure to add that extra touch of glamour to every occasion.
- Coffee machine. A gift that will keep on giving and become part of their daily routine! Explore our wide selection of coffee machines to find one to complement the couple’s unique lifestyle and needs.
If you’d prefer to play it safe, opt for an @home gift voucher (available in-store), or look for any of the above items on their gift registry, which you can access both online and in-store.
Here’s hoping you find that perfect gift for the special couple. If you have any other wedding gift ideas that have been hits with friends in the past, please be sure to share them with us!