Top Essentials For Family Cooked Meals
When it comes to home cooking, it can be a bit of a headscratcher thinking of different recipes to please the whole family night after night. We have made a list of top essentials for family cooked meals to ensure all smiles and clean plates!
Make dinners fun:
One way to ensure a successful family meal is to make it fun! An interactive experience for kids will keep them busy and have them asking for more. Meals such as lettuce cups, fondue or make-your-own pizza gives everyone a chance to take part in the experience and turns dinner into an activity!
There are a few things that will ensure the success of a family meal but stocking up on some essential pantry items is definitely crucial! Here is a list of some items to always have in your pantry:
- A healthy grain such as brown rice, lentils or quinoa
- Canned goods such as tinned tomatoes, corn or beans
- Long shelf life veggies and starches such as onions, potatoes, sweet potatoes, butternut etc.
- Spices and flavourings! We NEED salt, pepper, garlic, spices, dried herbs and some chilli flakes.
Your fridge and freezer also need some essential items:
- Lean protein such as tofu, chicken, lean mince or fish
- Dairy such as milk or milk alternatives, cheese etc.
- Fresh veg and fruit
- Condiments like mayonnaise, tomato sauce, tabasco etc
An array of one-pot recipes:
Let’s face it, cooking for a family means loads of dirty dishes. We think it’s essential to have a few one-pot recipes up your sleeve to minimize the time you have to spend at the sink. An instant pot is a perfect kitchen appliance to cut down on time spent in the kitchen. Load it up with your ingredients in the morning, and you have a flavourful meal come supper time! Find a yummy recipe for your instant pot here or browse the instant pot here.